Mrs. Onisarotu is a high ranking officer and Director in the Lagos State Civil Service. She currently heads the Laboratory Services Department of the Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency (LASEPA) and manages the Agency’s Seven (7) Laboratories effectively.
She was a member of the committee involved in developing the Environmental Policy of Lagos State (1997) as well as the production and publication of the Industrial Data Base Directory and Map in Lagos State (1997-1998). At the commencement of the Agency as a regulatory body, Mrs. Onisarotu was a member of the panel that reviewed the Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency Edict No. 10 of 1997 and also actively involved in the preparation of the State of Environment Report for the Agency (1999-2000). As a research personnel she was part of the team that studied the pollution and bioremediation plans of Ibeshe River, Ikorodu and a member of the committee involved in the preparation of the interim Lagos State effluent limitation standards and guidelines. At the commencement of the National Environmental Standards and Regulations Enforcement Agency (NESREA), Mrs. Onisarotu was involved in the appraisal of the proposed NESREA regulations. She also played a prominent role in the adaptation of NESREA regulations for Lagos State (2014).
She has attended conferences and seminars nationally and internationally which include but not limited to the following:
• Sustainable development through integrated water supply – China 1998
• Policies and Legislations for Promoting Sustainable Consumption in Nig.-Ibadan 1998
• Globalization and Sustainability – Vancouver Canada 2000
• Healthcare Waste Management Plan in Nigeria – Abuja 2004
• Waste Expo 2010- Atlanta Georgia USA 2010
• Regional Training Course and Workshop on the legal implementation of the Ballast Waste Management Convention- Lagos 2010
• Waste Management Conference/workshop- Smith School of Enterprise and Environment, Oxford United Kingdom, July 2010.
• Waste Expo 2011 – Dallas Texas 2011.
• International Health care waste summit – 2007, 2010
• International E-waste summit, Lagos – 2011
• International Summit on Climate Change Conferences, Lagos (2009 – 2014)
She has won awards and honours within the Agency and with many organizations and as a reputable Director is well known for her hard work and dedication to duty, while sometimes referred to by industrialists as the “Thatcher” of LASEPA.