To build a portfolio of sound environmental management programme and projects in the development of sustainable environment in conjunction with other arms of Government, regulatory organizations and international agencies.
The mission of Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency (LASEPA) is to safeguard environmental quality that is consistent with the social and economic needs of the State, so as to protect health, welfare, property and quality of life.
- Advising the State Government on all environmental management policies.
- Giving direction to the affairs of the Agency on all environmental matters.
- Preparing periodic Master plan to enhance capacity building of the agency and for the development and natural resources management.
- Carrying out public enlightenment and educating the general public on sound methods of environmental sanitation and management.
- Carrying out appropriate test on insecticides, herbicides and other agricutural chemicals
- Monitoring and controlling disposal of solids, gaseous and liquid wastes generated by both government operations.
- Setting, monitoring and enforcing standards and guidelines on vehicular emission.
- Surveying ad monitoring surface underground and potable water, air land and soil environments in the state to determine pollution level in them and collect baseline data.
- Promoting co- operation in environmental science and technologies with similar bodies in other countries international bodies connected with the protection of the environment; and
- Cooperating with the federal, state and local Governments, statutory Bodies and Research Agencies on matters and facilities relating to environmental protection.